Here are the Let’s Compare Bets.com World Cup rankings. We take a look at the top teams from each group.
1. The Netherlands top Group B have started the tournament with a crushing 5 – 1 defeat over Spain. Arjen Robben has made a great start to the tournament and his experience dwarfs that of Neymar. Combined with the experience of Van Persie The Netherlands have the ingredients of a World Cup winning team. They get to play the runner up of Group C Cote D’Ivoire next: steering a path to the quarter finals. A back bet on the Betfair exchange is recommended. It can be ‘cashed out’ early for a profit later in the tournament. Betfair also offer traditional fixed odds betting.
2. Germany sit atop group G. Germany form and chances may have been flattered by an injured Portugal team. Ronaldo’s ongoing knee injury have nullified Portugal’s chances. Not to mention a Portugal team with 10 men. Later Germany have been held to a 2 – 2 draw against Ghana, after being rescued by Miroslav Klose. Could this be a red herring?
3. Argentina hale victorious over group F. Argentina have world beating attacking power, but, the defense my be relying on Lionel Messi to be their saving grace.
4. France top group E with a commanding position. Karim Benzema is playing on top form. If the team properly unites they are a dangerous force.
5. Brazil has stolen Group A victory after some very generous decisions facilitated by the referee. Held to a 0 – 0 draw against Mexico Brazil started to look vulnerable, and some might have argued that they didn’t deserve to win the group. Could Neymar have been saving himself for the more challenging Knockout stages?
6. Costa Rica top group D with convincing performances against Uruguay and Italy. However, Uruguay where missing Suarez at the time. Notably Italy have been pushed back to runner up in the group and will player the winner of Group C; Colombia. Which looks like a relatively easy match.
7. Colombia top group C with 6 points. Having beaten an out of form Greece, as well as Japan and Cote d’Ivoire, this has been arguably one of the easiest groups.
8. Belguim top group H. Eden Hazzard is yet to fire up. Group H, on the face of it, seems to be one of the easiest groups to progress to the knockouts.